BFS has a unique legacy, being created by the local community to serve the families from Westbury-on-Trym and its locality.
BFS is an ambitious school which works to ensure every child makes excellent progress from his or her starting point and experiences a breadth of opportunities which develop the whole person.
We want our young people to leave BFS with confidence and a strong belief that they can make the best of their life chances and be positive citizens with a strong moral compass. Success, to us, is a broad statement about the whole person and is linked to knowing oneself and being equipped to thrive in this fast-moving, ever changing world.
Community. Ambition. Opportunity
We believe in promoting a strong sense of community through:
- Running a happy school in which every child is known by name
- Working in partnership with families to secure students’ learning
- Promoting responsibility, tolerance, trust and fairness
- Taking a positive, active role in the community we serve
We believe in promoting ambition through:
- Setting the highest expectations and academic ambition for all students
- Delivering a high quality curriculum and being at the forefront of teaching and learning practice
- Fostering learners’ confidence and independence in their learning
- Ensuring that every child reaches their full potential
We believe in promoting equality of opportunity:
- Encouraging individuality and good character
- Promoting tolerance and celebrating diversity
- Providing a varied range of experiences to enrich the lives of our young people
- Offering a wide range of links with employers, further education colleges and universities